Moms often find themselves in situations where they have to choose between their child and other responsibilities. Whether it be your profession or household duties you cannot afford to leave your child behind. So, for new moms owning a baby carrier is a must.
But there are plenty of options in the market. Also, for petite women buying a proper baby carrier that can support their baby and be comfortable for both the mother and the child is difficult.
So, to spare you the trouble of going through hours of web surfing, we’ve done that for you and came up with a list of 5 best baby carrier for petite moms that you can currently find on Amazon. We have also added some other useful information on baby carriers that may help you better understand how to choose and use the carrier.
If you don’t have the time to read through the whole article we would like to recommend the LILLEbaby SIX Position Baby Carrier which is our top pick in this list. But it is advised that you read the whole article before making your decision.
- 1 Quick Answer – Best Baby Carrier for Petite Mom
- 2 Why Should You Buy A Baby Carrier?
- 3 What Should You Look For In A Baby Carrier?
- 4 5 Best Baby Carrier For Petite Moms Reviews
- 5 What is the best baby carrier for short moms?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
Quick Answer – Best Baby Carrier for Petite Mom
|Remarks||Best Baby Carrier for Small Mom||Dimension|
|Best Overall Baby Carrier for Short Mom||Lillebaby 6-Position Complete Airflow Baby & Child Carrier||14.00 x 4.00 x 11.00 inches|
|Most Comfortable Baby Carrier for Petite Mom||Beco Gemini Baby Carrier||13.2 x 9.1 x 3.8 inches|
|Best Baby Wrap for Short Moms||Boba Wrap Baby Carrier||6 x 6 x 11.5 inches|
|Best Hiking Baby Carrier for Petite Moms||Tula Free To Grow Baby Carrier||3 x 1 x 1 inches|
Why Should You Buy A Baby Carrier?
There are tons of benefits to using baby carriers. One of the most important being they allow you to continue your daily routine without worrying about leaving your baby at home. Here are some other benefits of using baby carriers:
- Skin contact: With baby carriers, your child is directly in contact with your body. This is much more comfortable and soothing to your baby than a baby stroller. Being in close contact with your baby also releases stress and promotes breastmilk production which is why we always recommend baby carriers over strollers
- Faster speech development: Studies have shown that babies pick up speech faster if they are carried around on your back or chest. Being close up to your mouth they can better hear your speech as you go along your day to day life. This allows them to pick up the language faster.
- Helps you exercise: Carrying around a baby all day will help you lose that gestational weight faster.
Besides these, there are many other benefits to carrying around a baby with a baby carrier as opposed to using a stroller. So, it is no coincidence that more and more modern mothers are opting for baby carriers these days.
What Should You Look For In A Baby Carrier?
There are a few things you should keep in mind before choosing a baby carrier. These include comfort, fabric, fit, durability, ease of use and washing method.
The first thing you should check before buying a baby carrier is how comfortable it is for your baby and you. The carrier should allow your baby to sit in an “M” position. This is the most comfortable and healthy position for your baby. The carrier should have proper padding and adequate back and shoulder support so that it is comfortable for you as well.
The fabric should be soft and breathable if you live in a warm climate. On the contrary, for those living in colder climates going for thick and heavy fabric would be the smart thing to do. This is to ensure your baby remains warm and toasty while you go about your day.
The fit of the baby carrier should be adjustable. This is necessary as you don’t want the baby to dangle around while in the carrier. You also don’t want your baby to feel squeezed in. Proper adjustability will allow you to customize your baby carrier according to your and your baby’s body structure.
Make sure the baby carrier doesn’t have flimsy stitching. It should be able to support your baby to toddler years if you are planning to use it for a long time.
Ease of use
The baby carrier should be easy to put on and easy to take off. Being the mom of an infant, this is a piece of equipment that you are going to be using almost every day. So, usability should be given importance.
Your baby carrier is going to get messy. Like a lot. When it comes to babies drools and barfs are an everyday thing. So, make sure the baby carrier is machine washable. Hand washing the carrier every other day would just cause unnecessary hassle.
5 Best Baby Carrier For Petite Moms Reviews
We’ve scoured the internet in search of the best baby carrier for short moms. We’ve also talked to experienced moms for their preference and came up with a list of top 5 best baby carrier for petite moms. And here they are –
Forget buckling, zipping and wrapping. Just put it on and you are good to go. The Baby k’tan original baby wrap carrier is one of the most user-friendly baby carriers out there. You just put it on like a T-shirt. Having no zippers or buckles this baby carrier is simple and quick. This makes it an excellent baby carrier for mom on the go. It’s one of the easiest baby wraps to use.
The fabric is 100% cotton. So, you can be sure that your baby is cool and comfortable in the carrier as you go about your day. The carrier supports 5 positions and up to 35 lbs. This means you can expect your baby to outgrow the carrier before needing to look for a replacement.
With the double loop design, the K’tan baby carrier holds your baby safely and securely in place. The carrier ensures your baby is seated in the natural “M” position. This ensures your baby is protected from conditions such as hip dysplasia. This baby carrier is approved by the international hip dysplasia institute. So, you can be sure of your baby’s health.
- No buckling or zipping: The K’tan baby carrier is super easy to use. Just put it on like a T-shirt and you are good to go. No, zipping, buckling or any kind of assembly is required. This is a great feature for active moms with no time to waste.
- 100% cotton: Cotton is a bioinert material. This means it does not cause any adverse reaction to skin contact. Being 100% cotton, you and your baby will fit comfortably into the K’tan baby carrier.
- Double-loop design: The double loop design ensures your little one is securely seated. No matter which position you decide to carry your baby he or she will sit tightly to your torso with minimum dangling. Move around freely without the concern about your baby slipping off the carrier. Multiple positions: The carrier supports 5 different positions. So, no matter what the age of your baby is the K’tan baby carrier is perfect for you.
- Quick and easy to use
- 100% cotton
- Double-loop design
- 5 positions
- Carry up to 35 lbs.
- Suitable for different age groups
- Great for women of all sizes
- Starts to stretch after a few uses
- Users complain of shrinkage after wash
If you are looking for a robust baby carrier that can ensure safety and security to your baby then the Tula free to grow baby carrier is perfect for you. The best feature of the Tula free to grow is its adjustability. You can easily adjust its height and width to what fits your child as he grows from being a newborn to a toddler.
It has three width and two height settings that allow you to adjust the carrier for newborns, infants, and toddlers. The baby carrier has proper padding that provides you with adequate neck and shoulder support.
With 100% cotton fabric you can bet that the Tula free to grow baby carrier will provide your little one with the highest level of comfort. This baby carrier ensures a proper seating position for your baby that promotes hip health.
The baby carrier supports wights up to 45 lbs. So, mothers with big-boned babies need not worry. But it is advised that you do not use this baby carrier for carrying a baby any less than 7 lbs.
- Adjustability: The Tula free to grow baby carrier provides great adjustability to the user. With 3 width and 2 height settings, you can easily adjust the carrier to the size and shape of your baby. From a newborn to a toddler this baby carrier will support your baby until he or she doesn’t need the carrier anymore.
- 100% cotton: There is no doubt that when it comes to baby-related wearables, cotton is the way to go. Cotton fabrics are comfortable and do not cause any sort of irritation for the baby. Being made of 100% cotton fabric you can expect the highest level of comfort when you are using the Tula free to grow baby carrier.
- Supports large babies: The Tula free to grow baby carrier can support babies up to 45 lbs. So, if you have a large baby then the Tula free to grow baby carrier would an excellent choice.
- Supports large babies
- 100% cotton
- Safe and secure
- Supports newborns, infants, and toddlers
- Not suitable for babies below 7 lbs.
At number three we have another wrap-style baby carrier. We love this style of baby carriers mainly due to their simplicity. Wrap style baby carriers tend to feel comfier and cozier and avoid the hassle of buckles or zippers. If this is what you are looking for then you should definitely check out the Boba wrap baby carrier.
Unlike the K’tan baby carrier, this is not a T-shirt style grab and go baby carrier. It does require some manual wrapping. But in a way that is actually an advantage. Manual wrapping allows you to adjust the baby carrier according to the size of your baby. So, you don’t have to worry about the wrapper properly fitting.
The stretchy soft material provides great comfort to you and your baby. It gently secures your baby to your body without squishing him which is always preferred.
The fabric is 95% cotton. But don’t let that turn you away. The rest 5% is spandex which is intentionally integrated into the baby wrapper so that it does not sag or stretch upon multiple uses. This is a common problem with most wrapper style baby carriers and the Boba wrap baby carrier does a great job eliminating it.
- Sag proof: The Boba wrap baby carrier is sag proof. The 5% spandex material prevents the wrap from sagging upon multiple uses.
- No fitting issues: Being a wrap-style baby carrier the Boba wrap will always ensure a cozy fit no matter the size and shape of your baby.
- Soft fabric: The fabric is soft and super stretchy allowing comfort to the baby and the mother. This fabric allows the baby to tightly and securely attach to your torso so you can go about your day without a worry.
- Easily adjustable
- Supports up to 35 lbs.
- Ergonomic design
- Easy breastfeeding
- Comfortable fabric
- Sag proof
- Difficult to put on
- Fabric a bit thick
When it comes to adjustability few baby carriers come even close to the Beco Gemini baby carrier. Choose between four sitting positions to find the one that suits you and your baby best. With amazing adjustability, the Beco Gemini baby carrier can be used to carry your baby to his or her toddler years.
Tons of cushioning make sure that both you and your baby get the most comfortable baby carrier experience. The shoulder straps can be worn normally like a backpack or crossed to even out the weight distribution and alleviate some strain off your back.
Even the seat itself is adjustable. Go for a narrow seat if your child is a newborn and widen it out when he gets older. This means you are always getting the proper amount of hip support without the possibility of limiting blood circulation to your baby’s legs.
Don’t bother bringing your purse with you as the Beco Gemini baby carrier comes with a large pocket along the waist belt that can carry your keys, phone, money, and other accessories. The Beco Gemini baby carrier is an all-rounded baby carrier that is sure to satisfy anyone willing to give it a try.
- Plenty adjustable: The Beco Gemini is one of the most adjustable buckle style baby carriers out there. From the straps to the seat, customize your baby carrier according to your liking so you get the most comfortable and perfect fit.
- Adequately cushioned: With tons of cushioning this baby carrier is super comfortable for you and your baby
- Large front pocket: The Beco Gemini baby carrier sports a large pocket at the front of the waist belt. Carry anything that you would carry in your purse and enjoy a truly hands-free experience.
- 4 sitting positions: With four available sitting positions you can adjust the baby carrier to carry your baby any way you would like. Forward-facing, backpack style, you name it and the Beco Gemini can do it.
- Lightweight baby carrier
- Many customizing options
- Support 4 sitting positions
- Lots of cushioning
- Large front pocket
- Easy breastfeeding
- Support up to 35 lbs.
- Comes in a variety of designs and colors
- Not suitable for babies below 7 lbs.
- Some users complained of difficulties caused by the safety mechanism
At number five the Lillebaby six-position baby carrier is our top pick for the best baby carrier. Why? Well, it provides everything you would in a baby carrier and more.
First of all, it supports six sitting positions. Yeah, you read correctly. Six! So, when it comes to how you want to carry your baby there is virtually no limit.
The carrier is lightweight and has a breathable cotton mesh. This keeps your baby cool and dry in warm seasons and prevents conditions emerging from skin irritation. The carrier is fully adjustable to support babies of any shape or size.
The baby carrier has lots of cushioning all around to make sure both the mom and the baby can spend their day with comfort. Protect your baby from the sun using the handy sleeping hood. This baby carrier is the winner of “Most Comfortable Carrier” by Cribsie Awards. So, you can be sure of the level of comfort this carrier is built to provide.
The ergonomic design of the baby carrier ensures your baby is sitting in a healthy “M” position. This is the most comfortable position for the baby and promotes proper hip development. The Lillebaby six-position baby carrier with its unique lumbar support design alleviates strain from the back and helps to reduce back pain.
- Six positions: The Lillebaby six-position baby carrier supports six different sitting positions. So, carry your baby in any position you like.
- Ergonomic design: The ergonomic design of this baby carrier ensures your baby is sitting in the hip-healthy “M” position. It is most comfortable for your baby and promotes healthy hip development.
- Lumbar support: The Lillebaby six-position baby carrier comes with lumbar support that helps to distribute the baby’s weight more evenly. This puts less strain on your back and relieves you from back pain.
- Fits extra-large babies: The Lillebaby six-position baby carrier supports up to 45 lbs. So, for moms with large babies, this is the perfect baby carrier to bring home.
- Breathable fabric: The breathable mesh allows easy passage of air. This keeps your baby cool and dry preventing infections and skin rashes.
- Large pocket: The large pocket allows you to carry small items like a phone, keys or money.
- Six sitting positions
- Ergonomic design
- Lumbar support
- Supports up to 45 lbs.
- Breathable fabric
- Large pocket
- Difficult to learn how to use
- Washing is a bit difficult
What is the best baby carrier for short moms?
Answer Is : Lillebaby SIX Position Baby Carrier
- Six Positions: The LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons baby carrier features 6 ergonomic carry styles for 360 degree babywearing; Zip down front gives control over your child’s temperature by revealing our breathable mesh
- Versatile Carrying: LÍLLÉbaby Complete Baby Carrier provides comfort and support for all with two way straps for front or backpack style carrying, large storage pocket, removable sleeping hood and extendable torso
- Hands Free Comfort: When on the go, LÍLLÉbaby's baby carriers and toddler carriers let you hold your child in comfort and style; Adjustable side panels widen and narrow the seat for comfortable hip positioning
We’ve chosen the Lillebabysix-position baby carrier as our top pick for the best baby carrier for petite moms for two reasons. Number one, it is quite affordable and number two, it is very versatile. This baby carrier combines the extent of the versatility of wrap carriers with the security and safety of buckled carriers.
It’s cotton mesh fabric is great if you live in warm climates. Also, the sheer amount of adjustability this baby carrier provides is enough to last you throughout your baby’s toddler years. Your baby won’t even need a baby carrier by the time you’d need to look for a replacement.
Great design, adjustability, and an affordable price make the Lillebaby six-position the best baby carrier for petite moms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are baby carriers safe for newborns?
It is not recommended to use baby carriers with newborns below the age of 4 months. Yes, you can use a wrap-style carrier. But it is best to wait until the baby is old enough to support his own head before you put him or her in a baby carrier.
Are baby carriers good for babies?
Yes, definitely. With baby carriers, you can carry around your baby with you as you go about your day. This means you can spend much more time with your baby. It has been proven that being close to parents allows babies to learn speech faster and grow healthier.
Can babies overheat in baby carriers?
It completely depends on the fabric of your baby carrier. If the fabric is made of proper breathable mesh then air can easily pass through keeping your baby cool and dry.
Being a mother is a tough job. Babies require 24/7 attention. So, when it comes to taking care of their babies and attending to their household responsibilities or profession, most women don’t know what to do. A decent baby carrier can easily solve that problem. In this article, I’ve provided a list of top 5 best baby carrier for petite moms. Selecting any one of them will make your life a lot easier. So, why wait? Order one today.