It feels heartbreaking to see the newly borns crying all day. One of the prime reasons that discomfort infants are colic and reflux. As a new parent, this situation can be distressing. Buying the best baby swing for reflux is a measure you can take to address this issue effectively.
What causes acid reflux in newborns? The culprit is often the wrong sleeping position. Without lying in the correct position, stomach acid might travel upwards and cause chest discomfort. In severe cases, this could also lead to choking. The abdominal pain and discomfort caused by acid reflux are known as colic.
It is not possible to hold your child in your arms the whole day. So, you would need to use the best baby swings for infants to ensure your child sleeps safely when you are not around. In this article, we will talk in detail about baby swings that can protect your precious one from colic and reflux.
- 1 Best Baby Swing for Reflux And Colic: Our Top 10 Picks
- 1.1 1. Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- 1.2 2. Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Glide Soother
- 1.3 3. Pali Pappy Rock High Chair and Swing
- 1.4 4. Graco EveryWay Soother Baby Swing
- 1.5 5. 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing
- 1.6 6. Ingenuity Convert Me Nash Portable Swing
- 1.7 7. Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
- 1.8 8. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing
- 1.9 9. Graco Duet Sway Swing
- 1.10 10. Ingenuity DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing
- 2 How to Buy The Best Baby Swing For Reflux?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Final Say
Best Baby Swing for Reflux And Colic: Our Top 10 Picks
|Best Baby Swing for Colic||Dimension||Weight|
|Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker||33.00 x 34.00 x 43.00 inches||1.56 lbs|
|Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Glide Soother||20.10 x 28.90 x 9.20 inches||17.20 lbs|
|Pali Pappy Rock High Chair and Swing||23.00 x 31.00 x 39.00 inches||16.00 lbs|
|Graco EveryWay Soother Baby Swing||28.00 x 25.50 x 35.00 inches||22.53 lbs|
|4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing||33.00 x 19.50 x 25.50 inches||18.56 lbs|
|Ingenuity Convert Me Nash Portable Swing||23.50 x 22.00 x 23.00 inches||9.00 lbs|
|Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing||18.90 x 28.35 x 32.28 inches||25.00 lbs|
|Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing||14.57 x 12.60 x 29.92 inches||24.90 lbs|
|Graco Duet Sway Swing||18.50 x 7.48 x 31.06 inches||20.6 lbs|
|Ingenuity DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing||35.70 x 34.30 x 41.10 inches||23.46 lbs|
1. Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- Removable swing seat doubles as a portable rocker, with carry handles to make it easy to move around the home
- 3 seating positions so baby can sway side-to-side or swing front-to-back
- 2-speed vibration helps to soothe baby
Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is a convertible baby swing that can transform into a rocker from a swing and vice versa. This versatility makes it even more effective in comforting your child than conventional swings. It works great in both swing and rocker mode, but if we were to choose, we would have inclined towards the rocker version.
You can find no less than half a dozen speed settings in this model. You also get 3 different seat positions. You can also choose between front and back and sideways movement. The range of customization this product offers makes it one of the best baby swing for reflex. It comes complete with a rich library of sound and music.
- Very versatile. You have options to choose speed, seat position, and style of motion.
- Works as both a swing and a rocker.
- Extensive music and sound collection.
- Runs on AC and batteries.
- 5-point-harness system.
- Makes a squeaky noise.
2. Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Glide Soother
- Convertible infant seat with 4 rock and glide motions to help soothe your baby
- Seat easily removes to convert from glider to cozy rocker seat
- Customized soothing with 3 gliding speeds, 2 reclining positions, calming vibrations, 12 musical tunes and 3 nature sounds
Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Glide Soother could be an option if you are in the market for a baby swing with removable seat. It also features motion regulation, which allows you to set the ideal swinging motion for your child. Overall, this is a resourceful baby swing that can play a vital role in alleviating colic discomfort in babies.
This item is capable of both gliding and swinging. So, you can set it to either move in a to and fro manner, or like a pendulum. You can recline and incline it, which is a welcome feature in colic and reflux baby swings. On top of that, the seat can make circular 360-degree movements like a revolving chair.
- It has detachable seat. You can easily take it off for washing and portability.
- Multiple swinging motions.
- Can make 360-degree rotatory movement.
- Runs on both batteries and AC. However, the vibration function only works with battery.
- Generous seating space.
- Only three speed settings.
3. Pali Pappy Rock High Chair and Swing
- 6 seat height and 3 seat recline positions
- 3 footrest height positions
- 2 trays (tray and tray liner)
What is the best baby swing for reflux? If you browse online seeking the answer to that question, you will find that pali pappy rock high chair and swing is a strong contender for that crown. It is easy to use and has a handful of technologically advanced characteristics.
A swift look at the features would reveal that we are not paying any extravagant compliment to this chair. What we liked best is that it can be changed into a high chair from a swing. Therefore, it would come in handy when your child gets older than six months. At the high chair setting, the chair is usable for babies aged 3 years old.
- Easy to control.
- Can be transformed into a high chair so that your children can keep on using it when they outgrow the swing.
- Cry activation mode. The swing will turn on automatically when your child starts crying.
- Controllable via smartphone.
- Not suitable for small nurseries.
4. Graco EveryWay Soother Baby Swing
- Eight ways to swing and two directions mean 16 soothing motions to comfort and soothe baby
- Eight ways to swing: arch, swing, bounce, figure 8, circle, wave, zig-zag and sway
- Multi-direction seat allows baby to enjoy either side-to-side or front-to-back swinging for more soothing options
Swinging is the easiest way to make your child’s colic difficulties go away. Graco EveryWay Soother Baby Swing has multiple swinging options to give your child the best swinging experience. Besides, it can alter its shape to become a rocker. So, it also serves the purpose of a rocker for baby with reflux.
Impressive would be an understatement to describe the range of motion selection offered by this unit. You will get 16 swing modes, including zigzag, bounce, and many others. It has 5-point harness security in place alongside three reclining heights. Furthermore, the speed intensity can be modified at six different levels.
- 16 swinging options.
- 5-point harness system. The seat can also be reclined at three different heights.
- 6 speed settings.
- Head support for better comfort. You can remove it if it is not necessary.
- The power option involves both outlet and battery powering.
- Not all swing modes offer the same level of smoothness. However, it is unlikely that your child will be able to distinguish.
5. 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing
- 5 unique motions & speeds
- Bluetooth Enabled – control motion & sound
- 4 built in sounds & MP3 plug-in
So, you are midway through our best baby swing for colic list, but you still haven’t spotted the perfect one? Do you want something out of the ordinary, something spectacular to the eye? Then, 4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing is a product that should convince you. Featurewise, it is more than competent. But, in terms of design? It is one of the best, if not the best!
The unit makes an instant impression with its posh, futuristic design. It doesn’t only look high-tech, it has some nifty features to brag about as well. You can operate it through your smartphone, which gives you total control even if you are not nearby. Besides, it has a 25lbs weight capacity, which makes it an ideal baby swing for bigger babies.
- Aesthetic design.
- High weight capacity, which makes it a long-term investment for your child. It also has ample space.
- Remote controllable via smartphone.
- 5 swinging motions.
- Fantastic build quality.
- Makes a bit more noise than you would expect.
6. Ingenuity Convert Me Nash Portable Swing
- Baby sways in sight while you tackle to dos. Baby swing converts to newborn bouncy seat
- 5 point harness and non-slip feet for extra security
- Foldable design for easy storage and transport. Age 0 to 9 months
Ingenuity Convert Me Nash Portable Swing makes our best baby swing for reflux list as the best affordable baby swing entry. It can rival almost any premium swing in functionality. And the best part is, it looks nothing like other cheap baby swings and appears quite fashionable.
In fact, it is one of the best swing for babies under any price category. It can act as a rocker, has five-speed modes, and three reclining positions. In the music department, the chair has three nature sounds and eight melodies. This is not the largest music collection you would come across in a baby swing, but is sufficient, to say the least.
- Affordable price.
- 2-in-1 design. It can act both as a swing and a rocker.
- Hybridrive technology for longer battery life.
- No-slip footing and 5-point harness system.
- Nicely folds into a compact shape.
- You can’t power it from an AC outlet.
7. Graco Sense2Soothe Baby Swing
- Multi-direction seat offers more ways to soothe
- 3 adjustable swing speeds ensure finding just the right soothing pace to fit baby's preference
- Vibration with 2 speed settings so baby will remain soothed and content
Graco’s Cry Detection technology can be a lifesaver for moms who had been deprived of sleep nights after nights. As soon as your baby starts crying, Graco baby swings with Cry Detection can take the matter on its own hands and relieve them instantly. Graco Sense2Soothe is another Graco baby swing that has this trademark convenience.
Not only this chair makes you sleep well at night, but it will also help your little one sleep better too. The swing can entertain your kids with white noise, nature sounds, and songs. The swing can also recline in three different positions, so that you can handpick the one that your child finds most comfortable. It also converts to a rocker.
- Highly responsive Cry Detection Technology. The swing picks up on your baby’s crying noise via built-in microphones and starts rocking immediately.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Nice design.
- Easy to operate.
- Comprehensive music library.
- Not all swinging patterns are smooth.
8. Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing
- Two swinging motions to help soothe baby: Rock baby side-to-side like a cradle or swing head-to-toe like a traditional baby swing
- Six swing speeds, 16 songs, soothing nature sounds
- Two-position recline with 3 adjustable seat positions: right-facing, center, left-facing
Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing is one of the most top-rated swings that are currently available. This swing imposes a calm and comforting setting in your nursery, and it does wonders in keeping your kid snug and cozy 24/7. It packs a bunch of amazing features and it looks gorgeous too.
The dual motion feature allows the unit to swing backward and forwards, and side-to-side. You will get two reclining positions and three seat height adjustments. All these add more to the swing’s customization traits. There are 18 sound effects in total with 16 songs. You can set the timer to schedule an auto switch-off of the music once your baby falls asleep.
- Dual motion swing. You can either make it swing head to toe or side to side.
- Very comfortable.
- Overhead music station with toys and sound effects.
- Stitched bunny toy to accompany your kid all the time.
- Machine washable fabric.
- Not suitable for small spaces.
9. Graco Duet Sway Swing
- Swing seat conveniently doubles as a portable rocker and has carry handles to keep baby happy by your side throughout the home
- Choose from two soothing motions to comfort baby: side-to-side or front-to-back swinging
- Multi-direction seat allows baby to enjoy either side-to-side or front-to-back swinging for more soothing options
Are you confused between choosing a swing and a rocker for your colicky children? Why not choose both? Graco Duet Sway Swing is a multi-utility item that can be used both as a rocker and a swing. Set the item to your desired setting, whenever you want. It is very easy to switch between these two modes.
It comes with a detailed instruction manual. It will walk you through the assembly effortlessly. The side handles are an ergonomic inclusion that enables easy moving of the unit from one place to another. You can adjust the swinging patterns and the swing speed. It is an AC powered baby swing with minimal power demands.
- Convertible design.
- Side handles for better portability.
- Adjustable swing patterns and speed.
- Soft cushioning.
- Detachable toy bar.
- Large size.
10. Ingenuity DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing
- Safe space for baby to keep calm and comfortable
- Swing in cooler comfort with breathable, machine-washable fabrics
- AC adapter saves money – and headaches – on batteries
Ingenuity DreamComfort InLighten Cradling Swing also incorporates a 2-in-1 design. The swing-cum-rocker has a unique TrueSpeed technology. This feature adapts the speed of the unit to the increasing weight of your body, which makes it a marvelous choice for faster-growing babies. It also has an adjustable recline to optimize your baby’s sleep.
It can swing in three directions and make half-circle rotations. Meaning, it can make 180-degree turns. The entertainment system consists of built-in melodies and the option for smartphone sync. By connecting your smartphone to the swing, you can play music from your phone through the swing speaker.
- TrueSpeed technology for automatically adjusting swing speed to match the needs of a growing baby.
- Adjustable recline.
- You can sync your smartphone with the swing and play music through its speakers.
- Spacious seat.
- 3-point harness.
How to Buy The Best Baby Swing For Reflux?
You need to be mindful of many factors before buying a baby swing. Reflux and colic are closely associated with each other. Therefore, the best swing for newborn should have the necessary features to tackle both of these problems. While you are out shopping for the best baby swing for reflux, don’t forget to look at the following aspects-
Children suffering from colic and reflux would feel much relieved sitting in an upright position. So, an ideal colic baby swing should have an upright seat. The seat doesn’t need to be perfectly upright, a slight inclination would suffice. An upright swing for a baby with reclining features would be perfect. A reclining baby swing is convenient for the baby to sleep in.
No matter what you plan on buying for your baby, it has to meet the highest safety standards. The best baby chair for reflux is not an exception to that rule. The harness system has to be capable of securing your baby while the swing is in motion. We recommend going for a 5-point harness. The JPMA certification is also a huge plus.
It is always a good idea to free up as much space as you can inside the nursery. The swing’s nature of movement bears a significance in this particular matter. A swing that moves back and forth would require more space than the one that moves sideways. So, if you need the swing to fit in a small space, select the ones which move in a sideways fashion.
Colicky babies find constant movement soothing. Remember, slow swing speed will do your baby no good. You will have to pick a motion swing for babies that can sway at a moderate speed. There should be four to six speed settings in the swing. This will give you a broader selection range to find the ideal speed setting for your child.
The swing has to have sufficient entertainment offerings to keep your kid preoccupied. Some swings come with colorful toys, which make babies instantly fall in love with them. Babies also like swings with joyful sounds and lullabies. There are baby swings with vibration which transforms the swing into a bouncer.
Keeping baby items neat and clean is quite a hassle. The baby could vomit, spill his food, and in the worst-case scenario, you might forget to use a diaper before putting him/her into the swing. You would need to wash the swing often. Hence, the fabric material needs to be wash-friendly. It should hold up well to regular washing.
You can’t say that a certain baby swing the best baby swing for colic, if it’s not comfortable. Your children should not be able to tell the difference when you put them to the swing from your arms. Look for thick layers of soft cushioning to keep your child comfy. It should also be spacious enough to accommodate free limb movement for a six month old.
An electric powered swing comes in two variants. It would either have an AC power source or it will run on batteries. Baby swings with plug-in options are more cost-effective than the ones fueled by batteries. Battery-powered swings require frequent battery replacements, which make them very expensive to maintain.
You have to consider the weight capacity of the swing you want to buy. If you want to use the swing till your kid is a year and a half old, or slightly more, you should look at swings that have a weight capacity of 25-30 pounds. The weight limit for the best baby swing for 6 month old could be the best pick considering reflux and colic is rare beyond that age threshold.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Baby Swings Help With Reflux?
Yes, getting the best baby swing for reflux can make a huge difference. Most babies who develop acid reflux have one thing in common-they predominantly lie flat on their backs. It is acceptable when your baby is asleep, but when he/she is awake. An upright baby swing would be better suited for holding your child for the long term.
The best swing for colic would have reclining abilities. You can reline it at different angles so that acid can’t creep into your child’s esophagus and cause discomfort. However, you need to be aware of the fact that a baby reflex chair will only make the symptoms better. It is more of a reliever rather than a cure.
What Causes Reflux In Babies?
The body of an infant goes through the earliest stages of muscle development in the human life cycle. So, none of their muscles are fully developed. The vulnerability in the muscles lying between the stomach and the esophagus prompts the food to travel upwards. The stomach contents coming back towards the mouth leads to reflux.
As the underdeveloped muscles continue to strengthen, the severity of this condition fades away. You can help your kid through this period using the best baby swing for colic. It will keep your kid in a position where he/she would be capable of minimizing the malaise of reflux and related health conditions.
Besides correcting the resting posture, you should also consult with the doctor to rule out any underlying health complications. Even adults suffer from acid reflux, who have fully developed inner muscles. GERD, pyloric stenosis, and other illnesses could cause reflux. It is important to confirm whether or not your child has any of these illnesses.
Moreover, poor digestion can also be responsible for acid reflux. Consult a nutritionist to find out about the appropriateness of your child’s current diet. If the meal is causing the problems, you will have to make dietary changes. Without addressing this issue, the best swing for baby won’t offer much help.
How Do I Know If My Baby Has Reflux?
The key acid reflux symptom to look out for is your child spitting up food. Most newborns within the 18 month age bracket suffer from this condition. Pediatricians assure parents that this is natural, and will go away upon taking some precautions. After a certain age, your child should outgrow it.
Best baby swing for newborns should be enough to handle the situation. That said, you should not be overly reliant on it. Inform your doctor immediately if your child has trouble gaining weight, spitting blood, or coughing out viscous fluids. If some specific health conditions are causing reflux, those need to be treated urgently.
Are Colic and Reflux the Same Thing?
Even though we hear the terms colic and reflux together a lot, in reality, they are not interchangeable. However, they can be often related. Colic refers to the discomfort in the abdomen caused by excessive gas build-up. Sometimes, acid reflux is to blame for this condition. But, that’s not always the case.
Colic can be a sign of food intolerance. In that case, getting the best swing for infants will not make the situation drastically improve. You need to identify the red flags in your child’s diet and act accordingly. A pediatrician might prescribe Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) to curtail excessive gas production.
That doesn’t mean baby swing for reflux and colic has nothing to offer to children suffering from colic. A baby soother swing can fruitfully diminish the distress of colic symptoms. It helps the child get calm as the swing motion helps to disperse the gas accretion. It works as a form of exercise, which has proven to be a successful way to provide instant relief from colic pain.
Do Babies with Acid Reflux Drool a Lot?
Yes, drooling is one of the most common symptoms in babies, which indicates they are suffering from acid reflux. When acid gets into the throat, it stimulates saliva production. Therefore, it makes the baby drool more. The mixture of acid and saliva will leave a sour taste in the child’s mouth.
The best baby swing for reflux should provide relief to children suffering from reflux and colic. The design purpose of these swings is to lessen the effect of reflux in children as much as possible and help them go through this phase. However, if these symptoms continue to persist, you should consult a pediatrician.