Why should you consider buying the best scooter for 6 year old? Scooters are all the rage right now in the world of toys. Children love them, which, in turn, makes them the most in-demand plaything in the market. So, if you have a six year old in the family, a scooter for 6 yr old would be the perfect gift for him/her.
Choosing the best scooter for kids can be a difficult task, given the multitude of options available. Besides the recreational aspect, you would also need to make sure that it is a safe ride for your child. We have gone through countless kids scooter reviews online and came up with a list of 10 scooters that offers the best combination of entertainment and safety.
Which scooters are the most appropriate ones for a six year old? We will try to find the answer to that question in the following paragraphs. But, before we get into analyzing our selection, we want to have some relevant discussions. Hopefully, it would help you make an educated choice while shopping for a scooter for your child.
- 1 Best Scooter for 6 Year Old: Our Top 3 Picks
- 2 How To Buy The Best Scooter for 6 Year Old?
- 3 What Benefits Can Kids Get From Using Scooters?
- 4 Best Scooter for Six Year Old Review
- 4.1 1. Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter
- 4.2 2. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter
- 4.3 3. 6KU Kids Kick Scooter
- 4.4 4. Razor Power Electric Scooter [Core E90]
- 4.5 5. Razor A3 Kick Scooter
- 4.6 6. Fuzion X-5 Pro Scooters – Trick Scooter
- 4.7 7. Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
- 4.8 8. Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter
- 4.9 9. BELEEV Kick Scooter 3 Wheel Scooter
- 4.10 10. Micro Kickboard Scooter
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Final Say
Best Scooter for 6 Year Old: Our Top 3 Picks
How To Buy The Best Scooter for 6 Year Old?
Are you looking for the best child scooter to brighten up the day for the six-year-old in your house? This section has put together all the information you need to find the scooter best suited for your purpose. We have looked at all prominent kids’ scooter brands and the top-rated kid’s scooters while conducting our research.
Moreover, we have studied a plethora of scooters for kids’ reviews and have shared our takeaways from them here. Besides unisex models, we have also given our verdict on the best scooter for boys and the best scooter for girls. This is a comprehensive take on what factors you should be looking for while buying the best scooter for 6 year old.
Keep an eye on the following factors to determine the ideal scooter pick for your kid-
2 Wheeler or 3 Wheeler?
The first dilemma you would be facing while picking up a scooter for six year old is whether you should buy a two-wheeler one or a three-wheeler one? If your kid has reached the age of six, he/she should be able to operate both. In this case, we would recommend going for a 2 wheel scooter for a 6 year old, because it would be a better option to learn balancing.
However, this would not be a good choice if you have younger kids. We would strictly discourage giving 2 wheel scooters to any child aged below 6. They need more stability while riding, so 3 wheelers would be the best scooters for them. A children’s 3 wheel scooter also offers more spacious decks, which adds to its appeal for younger children.
Brands or Price?
Brand value drives up the price, which takes us to our next trade-off. Should you pay more to buy from a well-reputed brand, or should you stay content with a decent quality non-brand scooter that is far cheaper? Brand preference is a psychological thing. If you feel you are better off paying more to buy a specific brand, then you have already made up your mind.
But, if you want to look for value, then there are some under the radar options that could offer you good quality at affordable ranges. Premium brands do have some exclusive features in their products. Nonetheless, these attributes are not necessities by any means. So, you can expect to find more than decent scooters at low prices.
Motorized or Manual?
You can buy a motorized scooter for 6 year old. These scooters are powered by an electric motor for effortless navigation. Unsurprisingly, a motorized, aka an electric scooter would cost you more than traditional kick scooters. But, whether that is an extra price worth paying is a debatable issue.
Of course, motorized scooters are easier to ride. Many new scooters for kids are offering this function. However, it takes away a key aspect of scooting. While electric scooters are fun to ride, they are not as helpful as kick scooters in developing your kid’s balance and motor skills. They do not have any exercise value, as well.
But, if your kids have already made considerable improvements in all those sides, you can consider buying a motorized scooter for them as a mode of transportation. Riding an electric scooter requires vigilance, which would help kids to boost their concentration and allow them to focus better.
Scooters with smaller wheels are comfortable to ride on smooth roads. But, if your nearby roads happen to be bumpy, then small wheels won’t make the cut. You will have to opt for bigger wheels to overcome the ruggedness of the road. In specific terms, we would recommend going above 120mms while choosing the best scooter for 6 year old.
What Benefits Can Kids Get From Using Scooters?
Many parents buy their kids bicycles for balance training. But, scooters for little kids can do a better job in making them mastering balance. What scooters do differently is that they completely take falling down out of the equation. This makes children more confident and makes them more adept at riding.
If your kids are having trouble riding a bicycle, then you should give them a scooter. It is easier to control, and it will help them with balance. Afterward, you can shift them to a bicycle. They would find it much easier to ride now since they have had enough balance practicing riding scooters.
Scooting is an activity that can play a crucial role in developing agility and responsiveness in your kids. More precisely, it can help juveniles to hone their motor skills and improve hand-eye coordination. Within a few months, you can notice significant improvements in your child’s muscle strength and limb movements.
Scooters for young kids can give them a great opportunity to increase their outdoor activities. Those of us who live in an urban setting know how challenging it is to find a way to make your kid spend some quality time outside the house. Scooting presents the ideal solution as it is both safe and fun for youngsters.
This is particularly convenient for your kids to settle into a new neighborhood. They can ride scooters alone on the footpath. So, they can do something interesting even though they are yet to make any friends. After they do find some new friends, they can explore the vicinity together on their scooters. Scooting is fun, whether they do it solo or in groups.
Going outdoors is not only essential for socializing. To remain strong and healthy, your kids need to remain physically active. While you can’t ask them to hit the gym to remain in tiptop shape, you can encourage them to take up activities that incorporate fun and exercise. Scooting can be a good substitute for outdoor sports in this regard.
Riding a scooter is fun, but it requires substantial physical input too. Therefore, it can be an enjoyable way to burn some surplus calories. This results in a handful of health benefits and helps your kids avoid health complications like obesity. The best kick scooters for your kids will keep your kids proactive all year round.
Best Scooter for Six Year Old Review
1. Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter
- Extra-large, urethane wheels provide a super-smooth and comfortable ride
- Super-strong, height adjustable, aluminum T-tube and larger deck supports taller riders
- Anodized finish features bold colors and attention-grabbing graphics
Are you looking for the best scooter for 6 year old boy? Or, are you looking for the best scooter for 6 year old girl? The Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter comes in two different shades (blue and pink) that celebrate the ingenuity of both genders. Constructed of aircraft quality aluminum, this scooter is blissfully lightweight, which makes it easier for kids to control.
You can alter the length of the handlebar whenever you want. The adjustability keeps the scooter relevant as your child continues to grow. Upon buying this, parents will not have to worry about buying scooters for big kids anytime soon. The 200mm wheel size is quite generous and provides a smooth ride on any road.
You can fold it down to a compact shape, which makes it more portable. We love the price tag this product comes with. It is very comfortable to ride on even the harshest of terrains. The build quality is exceptionally good. Overall, Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter presents a perfect package.
- Affordable price.
- High-quality aluminum construction.
- Large wheels.
- Rides easy on rough terrains.
- The rattle in the joint makes scooting on uneven surfaces uncomfortable.
2. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter
- SCOOTING OPTIONS - This 2-in-1 scooter gives your child the option to sit until they’re confident enough to scoot while standing. The seat can be removed quickly and easily with a durable screw.
- DESIGNED FOR GROWING KIDS – The handlebars can be set to 4 different heights. This accommodates usage for children as they grow older.
- SMOOTH RIDE - With 3 wheels for extra stability, your child will be able to balance with ease. Plus, the deck is extra wide and has an anti-slip surface for increased support.
If you insist on buying a 3 wheel scooter for 6 year old, Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter deserves a shout out. First and foremost, it is very budget-friendly. It is one of the best scooters for 6 year old in the 3 wheeler category. As a unique touch, there is a detachable seat that you can attach to the shaft of the T-tube.
So, this particular feature allows your kids to sit and take a breather while they are exploring the vicinity with their scooters. They can sit, stand, or ride whenever they wish. You can adjust the handlebar to four different pre-set height settings. The giant front tires produce sufficient stability to neutralize bumps.
The use of LED on the wheels is an intriguing inclusion. This is done to serve more of an aesthetic purpose, rather than a practical one. Your kids would love to see the vibrant lights sparkling in the wheels as they take it out for a spin. Lascoota 2-in-1 Kick Scooter boasts a thoughtful and meticulous design that makes it quite attractive to children.
- Detachable seat
- You can regulate the height of the removable seat. It has two height modes.
- LED on the wheels to make the scooter more attractive to children.
- Large wheels for superior stability.
- Beautiful design.
- The removable seat is non-foldable.
3. 6KU Kids Kick Scooter
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLEBARS: 6KU kids scooter designs with Adjustable Height Handlebar, T-bar and Upgraded Safety Lifting Lock can adjust from 26" to 30". Adjustable Handlebar to accommodate ages 3 to 8 years old or heights 2’5" to 5’0".
- 3 LED FLASHING WHEELS: The toddler kick scooters feature 2 large front LED extra-wide wheels and a double rear LED wheels that lights up and flickers as you ride on scooters. Plus they are bright enough to be seen during the day. Even safe to ride on wood floors without scratching.
- EASY TO RIDE: Lean-to-Steer system and lightweight design provide a better control to turn by wiggling and swing the center of gravity. Large metal reinforced rear brake makes it easy for children to stop their scooter safely and quickly.
6KU Kids Kick Scooter is a scooter that has been built to not just to meet the eyes, but also to exhibit impressive durability. You would be convinced of its quality and performance upon first glance. Anyone looking for cool scooters for kids should keep the said 6KU model in consideration.
It highlights lean-to-steer technology. Meaning, the rider would only have to lean at sides to guide it towards a specific direction. The ease of control makes the 3 wheeler an ideal little kid scooter. The deck has adequate space for your kids to keep both of their legs landed on it with utmost comfort.
In addition to that, the deck surface provides traction to the rider’s feet. So, the chance of slipping off of it and making an abrupt fall is almost zero. The adjustable handlebar of this scooter can modify the height to a maximum extent of 4 inches. Considering the age group this scooter targets, the 4-inch leeway is satisfactory.
- Heavy-duty build.
- Large brake for instantly stopping in dangerous surfaces.
- Anti-slip deck surface.
- Lean-to-steer navigation.
- Adequate deck space.
- Not lightweight. Some kids would find it difficult to operate.
4. Razor Power Electric Scooter [Core E90]
- Innovative Power Core technology features a 85-watt, maintenance-free, high-torque, hub motor that delivers smooth acceleration to up to 10 mph (16 km/h) with the push of the throttle
- Rechargeable 12V sealed lead-acid battery provides an extended ride time of up to 80 minutes of continuous use
- Rear-wheel drive delivers better balance control and traction for a safer, more stable ride
Razor Power Electric Scooter is one of the best electric scooters for 6 year old. The E90 makes a significant upgrade to its preceding Razor electric scooters as it switches to 90W hub motor from the classic chain motors. This makes this unit more efficient in its power usage and also makes it more powerful.
Unlike the old chain-driven ones, the motor in Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter requires minimal maintenance. It achieves a maximum top speed of 10mph, which is fantastic for kids belonging to the 5-10 age group. Putting this unit together is a walk in the park. You only have to attach the handlebar to the rest of the scooter.
It offers a total runtime of 80 minutes, which we find very reasonable. It can accommodate riders up to 120lbs and have different height settings. So, your kids will not outgrow or overweigh it overnight. The manual front brake works at minimum effort, even in hostile surfaces.
- Extensive run time.
- Powerful and low maintenance motor.
- Kick-start function to avoid surprise departures.
- 10mph maximum speed.
- Powerful hand brake.
- Does not function well in wet and slippery surfaces.
5. Razor A3 Kick Scooter
- Classic kick scooter made of sturdy aircraft-grade aluminum
- 125 mm inline-style urethane wheels with springless shock-absorbing system
- Features patented rear fender brake for quick stops; and all-new wheelie bar design
With an imposing weight capacity of 143 pounds, Razor A3 Kick Scooter is one of the best Razor scooters for teenagers. It is also mentioned alongside other popular kids scooters. If your kid is aged above five, you can contemplate buying this scooter for him/her. It is a well-made scooter that has garnered a good deal of positive reviews from previous customers.
It has a very standard design. When you look at the scooter for the first time, you will catch nothing out of the ordinary. But, where the scooter truly excels is in its unmatched performance. The primary concern for any parent while buying a scooter would be safety. If your child can’t control the scooter properly, it would raise the likelihood of an accident.
The Razor A3 Kick Scooter hands your child seamless control of the entire unit. Steering it is as easy as ABC. The simplicity of this model is actually what makes it so effective. Despite its minimalistic design traits, it comes with a formidable aluminum build. It can cater to a wide range of audiences, thanks to its ruggedness and height adjustment settings.
- High weight capacity. Also appropriate for teenagers.
- Ease of control.
- Superb build quality.
- Wide range of target audiences.
- Holds up well in difficult terrains.
- The folding mechanism is susceptible to rusting over time.
6. Fuzion X-5 Pro Scooters – Trick Scooter
- GRADE-A COMPONENTS: The PRO X-5 comes equipped with upgrades only found in much higher priced scooters. Lightweight, durable and dialed right out of the box. With only three bolts to tighten, you can start riding in no time at all.
- SKILL LEVEL: PRO X-5 is the ideal scooter for entry to intermediate riders. The PRO X-5 will take young riders to their next skill level.
- ALL NEW UPGRADED SPECS: 20" X 4” aircraft-grade aluminum deck, new FUZION 100mm 5-spoke aluminum core wheels with cast PU, high tensile steel reinforced V-bars, and FUZION’s new nylon/steel custom brake: durable and noise-free.
Fuzion X-5 Pro Scooters-Trick Scooter is not a run of the mill scooter for your children. Even though we are discussing it as one of the best scooters for 6 year old, it is not a beginner’s item. If your child has no prior experience with scooters, then the Fuzion X-5 won’t be a smart buy. However, if you feel your kid is ready for some advanced scooting action, it would be perfect.
This is the scooter that oversees the transition of a young rider to an intermediary one. It provisions the stability and support one would need to pull off some nifty entry-level skills. It is made of premium materials, which you would expend to find in way more expensive models. The aircraft-grade aluminum build has what it takes to take a beating.
The Fuzion X-5 features all the necessary attributes you would look for in a trick scooter. It has a strong construction, and it has the right weight to allow budding freestylers to put their talent on display. The 6061-grade aluminum core wheels with PU covering are as heavy-duty as they come.
- Soft, ergonomic grips.
- Easy to assemble.
- High tolerance to abuse.
- High-quality materials.
- Not suitable for new riders.
7. Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
- Fun trick scooter with pair of rear caster wheels
- Caster wheels propel scooter with a twist of the feet
- Ideal for performing kick-outs, side drifts and spin-outs
Razor is arguably the best brand there is for children’s scooters. If you have been searching for a Razor scooter for girls, then you can have a look at Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter. It has been uniquely designed to mimic the feel of riding a bicycle. Imagine cycling without the fear of falling! That’s what this scooter has to offer.
The Razor PowerWing has a distinctive design, which makes it different from other three-wheel Razor scooters. If you look at the scooter from a vantage point, you would see that it resembles the letter ‘’Y”’ in shape. This eccentric detail will let you stretch your legs instead of cramming them together on a single deck.
It comes with a big wheel-small wheel combination. The large front wheel accounts for better balancing and support, while the smaller rear wheels facilitate swift changes in speed. In unison, it promotes seamless movement. The most outstanding feature of this scooter is the hand brake. It is more accessible and more effective in making a sudden stop.
- High-performance hand brake.
- High-endurance tires.
- Perfect for cruising.
- Efficient big wheel-small wheel combination.
- Comfortable leg space.
- The handlebar does not fold.
8. Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter
- Travel Light: Lightweight design and easy folding mechanism make picking up and carrying the Jupiter easy.
- Bright Idea: Over 100 LED lights are integrated in the STEM and deck, along with LED light-up wheels, to provide extra visibility and improve safety.
- Built for fun: Sturdy wide deck and durable frame are built to last
The constellation of LED lights in the Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter will make any toddler fall in love with it at first sight. Kids adore the colorful appearance of this scooter, which, in turn, makes them ride it frequently. Besides the wonderful design, it is also one of the safest kids scooter. Overall, it is one of the best scooter for 6 year old.
The adjustable handlebar is another positive thing to talk about in this model. You can change it between 20-inches to 29-inches. This height range is enough to suit kids of 6 to 8 years old. You can use this for even younger users. If the handlebar height is not overly short for your children, you can expect them to ride it with ease.
The rear brake is a safety insurance measure we would love to see in all scooters. Unfortunately, it is not a universal inclusion. But, you would get that feature in this scooter. The Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter is one of the finest two-wheeled scooters for kids. It has minimal weight and folds down nicely. So, if you prioritize portability, it tics that box.
- You can customize the lighting pattern of the LED lights. They would either blink, pulsate, or wave.
- Easy to fold.
- Rear brake.
- Easy to control.
- Great stability.
- The batteries get displaced when the scooter bumps.
9. BELEEV Kick Scooter 3 Wheel Scooter
- The kick scooter designs with adjustable handlebar, which means the scooter will grow with your child allowing them to enjoy their scooter for longer. T-bar with Secure Lifting and Twisting Lock can be adjusted from 25.4inch to 32.7inch from the ground. 4 adjustable height options to accommodate ages 3 to 14 year old, suitable for 33inch to 64inch height.
- The kids scooter features 2 big front led wheels and small rear led wheels, which are bright enough to see during the day and are really neat at night. Our led Wheels are motion activated with no batteries required. Lights get brighter with the faster your kids go.
- Lean-to-Steer technology and lightweight design offers better control turning and keep balance easily by your child's physical incline. Large aluminum reinforced rear-wheel foot brake is easy to stop the scooter quickly when treads, prevent muddy water from splattering on your kids back legs.
BELEEV is one of the best-seller names in the world of children’s scooters. This is the best kick scooter for kids aged six and below. It is a three-wheel scooter that is well equipped to deliver the extra support, and stability younger kids need to scoot. Design-wise, you can’t point out any strong flaws in this model.
You can adjust the T-bar in four different heights. It makes the scooter accessible to a variety of physical profiles. So, you can put your trust on this item to be of use even after a few years of purchasing. If you buy this for a toddler, you can easily look forward to him/her using this till he/she turns seven/eight.
The handlebar is stationary. That means the rider would have to lean accordingly to change the path towards that direction while riding. The deck is generously spacious, and it has a non-slip surface. The low-height deck makes hopping on and off easier than ever. The ABEC-7 bearings and polyurethane wheels give this scooter an edge over its competitors.
- Wide deck with a slip-resistant surface.
- LED lights.
- Comfortable grips.
- Suitable for long-term use.
- Low deck height for easier embarking and disembarking.
- The lights are not as bright as you would expect.
10. Micro Kickboard Scooter
- The innovative Micro brand is known by families for its smooth-gliding, long-lasting scooters for children and adults. Micro's 3-wheeled Maxi Original scooter, with a lean-to-steer design, offers a stable ride that supports children as they curve and carve the sidewalk.
- Micro's 3-wheeled Maxi Original scooter, with a lean-to-steer design, offers a stable ride that supports children as they curve and carve the sidewalk.
- Incredibly strong (holds up to 110lbs) yet extremely lightweight, perfect for elementary-children; plus an adjustable T-bar (handlebar) grows with children from age 5 up to age 12.
We will wrap up our best scooter for 6 year old list with Micro Kickboard Scooter. This is another three wheel scooter that packs some magnificent features. On top of that, it would go very easy on your pockets. We couldn’t skip past the sublime pairing of utility and cost-effectiveness this scooter brings to the table.
We have seen the lean-to-steer characteristic in some of the scooters we have reviewed above. But, this scooter shows exceptional responsiveness to execute this feature to perfection. The scooter responds to the slightest of body movements. Therefore, your child would have no trouble navigating it.
That said, the rider would still need some practice to master it. But once your child gets a hold of it, he/she would love how easy it is to cruise through the streets with it. The T-bar gives you height alteration options between 24-inches and 34-inches. It also comes with shock absorption properties, which makes it more forgiving of rough terrains.
- Very responsive lean steering system.
- Spacious deck.
- Shock absorption feature.
- A maximum of 10-inch adjustable height.
- Performs well on rough roads.
- Not as durable as some other scooters on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age is appropriate for a scooter?
All children are not the same at a specific age. Your kid would need to develop the most basic motor skills to ride a scooter. So, we would say the physical skill of a kid is more important to determine whether he/she is ready for a scooter. That said, you can expect kids aged 2/3 years to scoot for the first time.
What is the difference between a stunt scooter and a normal scooter?
The design objective of a normal scooter is simple. It aims to take you from one place to another. Stunt scooters, on the other hand, are no means of transportation. They have been built to make the rider capable of performing special tricks on skate parks. Unless you are a freestyler, you will have little use for a stunt scooter.
The main distinction in fundamental features between the two variants is adjustability. You can’t fold or adjust a stunt scooter. These scooters are also made with special materials to boost their strength and aerodynamics. In everyday traversal, these features would be of no use to you. It’s rather inconvenient to ride on a stunt scooter like a regular one.
Are bigger wheels better on a scooter?
Yes, bigger wheels are better on a scooter because they offer more stability and durability. You would need to cultivate a certain level of riding skills to ride comfortably with smaller wheels. In all kinds of terrains, bigger wheels are a better choice than smaller ones. Apart from better control and long-lastingness, you can also hope to ride faster with a larger set of wheels.
In our best scooter for 6 year old article, we have shortlisted the best scooters targeted towards six year old children. Based on your budget and preferences, you can select any one of these products. We are confident that you won’t be disappointed.